Latest Software and Firmware
FlightScope Software v6.0.9
Changes from v6.0.6 to v6.0.9
2. Added a hidden option for target camera calibration with an indoor simulator.
3. Added SwingView Pro icon shortcut to hint.
4. Club table row goes red when a shot’s post-strike club data was not measured.
5. Auto level now tries different angles between 10 and 14 degrees to level the FlightScope X2 if a certain angle cannot be reached. This works best with the latest 0.23 or higher AVR firmware.
6. Sample downloading is now a lot faster for FlightScope X2.
7. Included the latest DSP (v5.36 and v6.09) and FlightScope X2 AVR v0.27 firmware.
8. AVR firmware of a FlightScope X2 is now automatically updated.
9. The allowed ball hitting area on the ball origin screens are now smaller.
10. Setup wizard now gives a warning when the sensor to tee distance is outside the recommended range of 108-144 inches (9-12 ft) and 275-365 cm,
removed “Tee height for drivers” from setup wizard. This parameter is now measured.
11. Added “Force Battery Charging” to F10->Sensor menu.
12. The user can now send through more information via email when an application error occurs.
13. Simplehelp is now used for remote support instead of TeamViewer.
14. Added "All Rights Reserved" to the copyright notice on the "About" form.
15. An AC Power warning message is now displayed when the user is writing firmware to a FlightScope sensor that is operating on battery power.
2. The target camera calibration does not display any more when in a session and going "All Results",resume or "Edit Clubs", resume.
3. The group entry screen does not display any more for a short while after clicking "Resume".
4. Fixed the firmware update from the internet that did not working on Windows XP 32 bit.
5. Fixed a target camera problem where a FlightScope X2 with Framos camera works in v6.0.3 but not in v6.0.6.
6. Spin Axis unit in club table changed to degrees, it was rpm.
7. Fixed exception error that displayed from time to time.
8. The shot plot data bar is now cleared when real time tracking starts.
9. Tilt and roll values are now displaying differently.
10. A value of 9.69 will display as 9.6 instead of 9.7 and a 10.31 will display as 10.4 otherwise the tilt block is red when the value looks correct.
11. PDF reports now work on Japanese Windows operating systems. Setting the player handedness to left handed now updates the display correctly.
FlightScope Firmware v6.14 (X2)
v5.42 (X1, Prime, Kudu)
Improved tracking to allow for divot obfuscation.
1. Improvements in indoor low spin measurement.
Golf Flight Model:
1. Extension of model parameters for future configuration.
1. New mode introduced allowing club-swing-only measurement.
2. Improved club tracking for poorly hit (fat) shots and wedge shots in general.
3. Extended tracking of post-club points for improved trajectory determination.
4. Improvements in Angle-of-Attack extraction using club geometry compensation.
1. Enhanced production/performance test mode allowing dynamically configurable test parameters.
2. Extended spin result structure optionally activated via parameters.
3. Improved club-on-ball impact determination.
4. Updates to allow simulation using full IF compensation.
5. Fast (optimized) sample downloading implemented in X1 firmware.
Skills Assessment Software
The new software will allow golfers to assess and benchmark their golf games indoors or outdoors using a set of virtual targets to aim at during a practice session. Each shot is given a score based on the ball’s proximity to the target. Scores are cumulated for all targets, to give an overall session total. The FlightScope Skills game is fully customizable allowing for the number of targets, target shape, distance and size to be set depending on the players goal. Golfers can also create extra pressure during games by adding a time limit and even have targets pop up randomly to mimic a real golf round.